Financial Services Managed Wi-Fi- Case Study
1. The Customer
Large international bank and financial services institution, with more than $500B in assets, $10B in annual revenue, and over 40,000 employees spread out across 1,000 locations/branches.
2. The Needs
- Provide amenity services to their employees to promote job satisfaction and productivity.
- Seamless connectivity and consistent access to mission-critical services for mobile employees.
- Improve client satisfaction and Wi-Fi quality in branches.
- Increase electronic business with clients through their mobile devices.
- Ensure consistent Wi-Fi service in physically-secure “bunker-like” sites.
- Heightened levels of security, confidentiality, intrusion detection and prevention of Wi-Fi sessions.
- A fully managed solution, monitored 7x24x365, with SLAs to repair any service issues.
3. The Solution
Developing a Custom Wi-Fi Solution
- Custom development specific to the bank’s needs, designed to operate seamlessly with their processes, systems, and databases.
- Tailored solution to address the needs of a widely distributed (1000+ branches) user model, as well as several highly-concentrated Headquarters towers, each catering to thousands of users.
- Customized captive portal for all users, with bankdesigned customer-facing splash pages, using the very same access codes used by employees to access all corporate-wide business applications, for seamless use.
- System-wide HP-Aruba-based managed Wi-Fi solution installed in all locations, utilizing Datavalet Access Management and Infrastructure Management solutions, and managed and monitored 7x24x365, with full four-tier helpdesk support.
- Dataview Analytics Solution to monitor Wi-Fi sessions and infrastructure by location, city, state, and entire network.
Ensuring Service Delivery and Network Security
- Consistent service delivery and overall network health with Datavalet 7x24x365 proactive Network Operation Center monitoring.
- Break/fix “feet on the street” dispatch capabilities, complete with forward-deployed equipment depots for rapid replacement of damaged or failing equipment.
- SLAs to guarantee rapid service restoration in the event of any diminished service or outages.
- Content filtering for “distracting” or “inappropriate” websites accessed on-site by either employees or customers.
- Security enabled through cutting-edge firewall services, as well as intrusion prevention & intrusion detection capabilities.
Imrpoving Services to Clients
- Datavalet’s tailored solution enabled the bank to offer clients Wi-Fi access applications using email, social-media or a combination of both sign-ins methods.
- It enabled the bank to “push” useful on-site information to clients, such as complementary or additional services offered by the bank, “tips” for optimizing service, and access to forms while waiting.
4. The Results
- Improvement of client satisfaction and employee productivity.
- Mobile employees now able to securely access various critical bank systems with consistent service levels.
- Clients’ wait times decreased, and satisfaction scores rose.
- Clients enabled to complete paperwork as they wait, while on-site, for related services.
- Rise in subscriptions to ancillary bank services.