Retail Chain Managed Wi-Fi – Case Study
1. The Customer
- Large chain of car dealerships (global brand).
- Sales volume of +1.5 million units / year, top-5 in North America.
- Close to 20,000 employees and almost 1,600 locations.
2. The Needs
- Programs launched to standardize Wi-Fi offering across fleet of dealerships.
- To provide Wi-Fi for both guests and employees, including mechanics in the shop.
- Requested visibility into network status and open ticket within Datavalet end-user helpdesk center.
- Required a fully managed solution, including break-fix.
- Looking for a long-term commitment (5 years).
3. The Solution
Wi-Fi Access Management
- Custom captive portal with Quick Connect authentication and different SSIDs for guests and employees.
- Content filtering for employee and customer access.
- Deployed a system-wide HP-Aruba-based managed Wi-Fi network.
Wireless Infrastructure Management
- 7 x 24 x 365 system monitoring with full 4-tier helpdesk support and break-fix dispatch.
- 4-hour service restoration SLAs, with forwarddeployed equipment depots.
- Management of APs, switches, NAS servers (for training content) and Aruba ClearPass instances.
Dataview Analytics Solution
Reports and livedashboards related to network health status, user activity, and helpdesk ticketing system.
4. The Results
- Wi-Fi service is now mission-critical within the dealerships.
- Improved employee productivity and client satisfaction.
- Continuously improving network infrastructure.
- Offloaded the IT team, while giving them visibility and control over their Wi-Fi network.