Wireless LAN Administrator
The Network Owner is responsible for the continual optimization of strategic, large scale networks. Through Continual Service Improvement, problem management and their understanding of best practice design principles, they will be positioned to produce recommendations on design, configuration and operational enhancements to improve Datavalet’s Managed Service offering for strategic, large scale, enterprise grade networks.
Key aspects of the role involve
- Perform CSI (continual service Improvement) on networks under your jurisdiction
- Perform Problem Management on network-based incidents/events under your jurisdiction
- Propose new network design, network configuration and operational enhancements
- Qualify new hardware and firmware
- Oversee Change Management at a technical level for standard changes
- Execute Change Management at a technical level for complex changes
- Serve as an escalation point for our Tier-3 Network Operations team
- Provide context and translation to our CSAMs and Sales teams on technical concepts
- Participate on some customer calls as technical SME with our CSAMs and Sales teams
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry partners and relevant online communities
- Continue professional growth by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and attending relevant conferences.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- 5 years of experience in a lead technical network operations role for large scale networks where they were accountable for network performance.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice network design principles.
- Possesses relevant networking certifications.
- Deeply analytical mind that enjoys deep-diving down the rabbit hole.
- Proficient written and oral skills to bridge gap between groups with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Bilingualism an asset.
Position Specific Working Conditions
- Group Insurance benefits
- 5 Personal Time Off (PTO) days per calendar year
- 4 Additional Paid days off over and above the mandated statutory holidays
- Participation in the company bonus profit sharing plan
- Participation in the company Training and Development Program