Product ManagerApply Now
Reporting to the Senior Director, Product Management, the Product Manager is responsible for conceptualizing and driving the next generation of our product portfolio, which includes monitoring, reporting, and user tools. He or she scans the market for competing and adjacent products and lays out a vision for how Datavalet can meet, exceed, or complement them with our own homegrown features and services. He/she then shapes these into requirements and works closely with our technology and services teams to bring these features and services to market.
Key responsibilities and accountability:
Research the marketplace in wi-fi analytics and evaluate needs and solutions that are relevant to our customers.
- Conduct discovery interviews with target personas to establish the most pervasive and urgent market problems.
- Maintain competitive assessment of offerings from network vendors and SaaS platforms in our space.
- Seek out industry trends and internal knowledge to understand alternative approaches & solutions.
Develop product lines and appraise new ideas for market viability
- Lead ideation and frame solutions that will solve customer problems and grow Datavalet business.
- Identify market opportunities and evaluate product market fit via firsthand research and detailed business valuations.
- Bring new features (and products) to market with return-on-investment analysis.
- Determine product pricing based on market research, production costs and anticipated demand.
- Work with the sales director to create product sales strategies.
- Create product marketing communications in collaboration with Marketing stakeholders
Group stories into a backlog of planned releases that deliver value and align with Datavalet’s strategy and product road map.
- Articulate and document needs and non-functional specs through story mapping.
- Develop epics and stories of appropriate scope.
- Create low-fidelity wireframes, mock-ups, and UI/UX designs as needed to assist developers and QA define scope of MVP and successive releases, including identification of trade-offs and alternatives.
- Manage and groom the backlog, ensuring sufficient depth of stories for the development team to consume.
- Maintain a balance between specific customer needs and more common use cases.
- Coordinate with the Services product owners to ensure full operational readiness, including any co-evolution of internal tools and processes that might be required.
- Review QA test plans and ensure alignment with stories.
- Review early builds for adherence to functional requirements.
Communicate up and out
- Play a leadership role, offering clear definitions and making decisions to bring alignment.
- Define the value proposition, in light of customer needs and comparables /competitors.
- Contribute to release planning, including writing internal release notes and preparing internal demos. Clearly express the functionality, value, and positioning for internal audiences.
- Add to our customer-facing PowerPoint pitch materials when needed.
- Update the internal stakeholders and present periodic status updates to the executive team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in engineering, computer science or Business administration or equivalent job experience.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a technology-related role
- 3+ years producing SaaS software, either B2B or B2C
- 2+ years of hands-on leadership as Product Manager, Product Owner, Business Analyst, or equivalent in an Agile context
- Ability to clearly articulate product value proposition, requirements, and functionality, with sufficient business context
- Ability to collaborate/negotiate with technology, service, and business stakeholders
- Experience conducting focused competitive product/service research
- Comfort with asking challenging questions to clarify issues and ensure success of your deliveries
- Strong project management and co-ordination skills
- Asset: experience with WLAN networks, corporate or public/guest wi-fi, network health monitoring, and/or general telecommunications
- Asset: experience in (or supporting) retail marketing and/or business operations functions
- Asset: experience producing data visualization and analytics for end users
- Asset: experience with ITIL or another services framework
- Jira or equivalent scrum/Kanban system
- MS Windows & MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient spoken and written English and French