Golang – Network Back End developerApply Now Located in Montreal, Datavalet is a world leader in Managed Wi-Fi solutions that include software and services. We develop, implement, and manage Wi-Fi systems for some of North America’s most renowned brands.
Reporting to the manager of Cloud and Access Management, the Golang Developer plays a key part in the integration of network access points with our cloud infrastructure. His knowledge of the networking world allied with a solid developer background will help the team on creating new vendor integrations into our platforms. He will be working in the cloud team on evolving our state-of-the-art microservice architecture for our SAAS solutions.
Key responsibilities and accountability:
- Research and evaluate new and/or alternative technical solutions and technologies to enhance solution effectiveness and reduce costs.
- ·Stay on top of new trends and technologies to develop technology road maps and annual technology plans.
- Act as a subject matter expert on the integration of network equipment
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Work alongside our DevOps team to ensure the support of developed applications in all environments.
- Identify and troubleshoot system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Contribute to architecture requirements and design all while creating technical documentation with an emphasis on quality driven deliverables.
- Enhance build and development tooling and improve things like CI/CD pipelines.
- Work closely with teammates in design, code, and test-plan reviews to help build robust software and foster knowledge sharing.
- Research and develop processes and tools to increase the efficiency and repeatability of the deployment process — always staying on top of new and emerging technologies.
- Support the development team’s labs and supported infrastructure, working towards more frequent deployments and zero downtime releases.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or information technology, or a college diploma combined with 5 years of significant experience.
- Software development in one or more of those languages: Golang, Python, Java
- Experience with building network and configuring network equipment.
- Proven hands-on experience and familiarity with multiple network vendor technologies (Aruba, Cisco, FortiNet, Juniper, Citrix, etc.)
- Knowledge of authentication mechanisms (Radius, TACACs, etc.);
- Experience developing micro services using GRPC and REST.
- Experience with building and interfacing with SQL or NOSQL databases
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with development or concept of micro service architecture
- Strong sense of organization and prioritizing
- Strong attention to detail
- Teamwork oriented, working with tact, diplomacy, rigor, and discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in French and English
Experience in those area would be a plus:
- Aruba ACMP or higher
- Other Aruba certifications are an asset.
- Cisco CCNP (wired and wireless) or higher
- Experience with Serverless implementation
- DevOps/SRE experience
- Strong knowledge on application performance