This full-time position can be at our Headquarters in Montreal or from home anywhere in the world.
Content Writer responsibilities include:
- Writing clear marketing content to promote our products/services
- Preparing well-structured drafts ready for final approbation
- Researching industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
We are looking for a Content Writer to join our editorial team and enrich our communications with new blog posts, articles, guides and marketing copy. Content Writer responsibilities include conducting research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types, creating content and proofreading articles before publication. If you are familiar with producing content and have an eye for detail, we would like to meet you. Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application. Ultimately, you will deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness.
- Write clear marketing content to promote our products/services/brand
- Prepare well-structured drafts
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to team members for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Actively contributes to the development of new content on our products, services and solutions, as well as tools for the sales team.
- Develops marketing material in collaboration with other members of the marketing team.
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics.
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Maintains friendly and productive relationships with various internal and external stakeholders, content suppliers, service providers and affiliates.
- Assists the Marketing Director in all other related tasks.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role
- Fluency in English written and spoken.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- University diploma in marketing, English, journalism, communication or any other relevant field.
- Strong communication, writing, time management
- Creative, autonomous and able to carry out several projects at once.
- Proactive, detail-oriented and aiming for perfection in the work done.
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience or keen interest in IT and/or telecom technologies.
- Ability to deal with emergencies and to work under pressure.
- Familiarity with web publications
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to write and communicate in French.