Cloud Developer – Back-End DevOpsApply Now
The Cloud Developer plays a key part in the development of our microservice architecture. He understands how to build solid services for our platform and has also a strong understanding on how to run those services in a cloud environment and Kurbernetes. As such, the Cloud Developer will serve as a subject matter expert on back-end development, DevOps practices and infrastructure applications. He will be actively working in the development of our micro service architecture to ensure a state-of-the-art SAAS solution.
Key responsibilities and accountability:
- Working on the development and optimization of our cloud microservice architecture
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design a more functional, cohesive codebase to enhance the user experience.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Work alongside our DevOps team to ensure the support of developed applications in all environments.
- Identify and troubleshoot system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Contribute to architecture requirements and design all while creating technical documentation with an emphasis on quality driven deliverables.
- Enhance build and development tooling and improve things like CI/CD pipelines.
- Work closely with teammates in design, code, and test-plan reviews to help build robust software and foster knowledge sharing.
- Research and develop processes and tools to increase the efficiency and repeatability of the deployment process — always staying on top of new and emerging technologies.
- Support the development team’s labs and supported infrastructure, working towards more frequent deployments and zero downtime releases.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or information technology, or a college diploma combined with 5 years of significant experience.
- Software development in one or more of those languages: Golang, Python, Java
- Experience developing micro services using GRPC and REST
- Experience with building and interfacing with SQL or NOSQL databases
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with development or concept of micro service architecture
- Strong sense of organization and prioritizing
- Strong attention to detail
- Teamwork oriented, working with tact, diplomacy, rigor, and discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in French and English